According to announcement that published on 21 December 2020, the World Ranking will be re-opened on 2 February 2021 after the conclusion of Asian Leg in Bangkok => https://corporate.bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2020/12/21/tournament-calendar-2021/
Re-Opening BWF World Rankings
The BWF World Rankings will reopen following the HSBC BWF World Tour Finals 2020 being hosted in Week 4 2021. The calculation of the next BWF World Rankings list will be announced on Tuesday 2 February 2021, based on the following principles:
- Tournaments already included in the BWF World Rankings list as of 17 March 2020 will remain.
- Tournaments counting for the BWF World Rankings hosted after 17 March 2020 will be added to the BWF World Rankings list being calculated for 2 February 2021.
- Tournaments sanctioned as world ranking tournaments going forward after 2 February 2021 will be added weekly.
- No tournaments already included in the BWF World Rankings from 17 March 2020 will be dropped off the rankings until a date to be announced.
- The BWF World Rankings will be in a transition period and will consist of tournaments from more than 52 weeks. The exact drop-off methodology to reestablish a 52-week World Rankings list is still to be determined and will be announced in due course, but with advance notification.
The BWF World Rankings from 2 February 2021 will thereafter be used for M&Q and seeding.
Here’s WR latest update after quite long time freezed by BWF since 17th March 2020.
*Kento Momota stays on top with huge margin distancing him from the #2 Viktor Axelsen. Wang Tzu Wei moves up 4 rungs to #9.
*Top-two WS remain the same, Carolina Marin jumps into #3.
*Lee/Wang reach highest ever ranking, thanks to THA hat-trick.