- Efe Ajagba KO-3 Brian Howard (1:29)
- Jared Anderson KO-2 Jeremiah Karpency (0:34)
- Albert Bell UD-8 Manuel Rey Rojas (78-74, 78-74, 78-74)
- Robson Conceicao TKO-7 Jesus Antonio Ahumada (1:20)
- Trey Lippe Morrison TKO-3 Jason Bergman (1:27)
- Duke Ragan UD-6 Charles Clark (60-54, 60-54, 60-54)
- Jeremiah Milton TKO-1 Jayvone Dafney (1:19)
- Sonny Conto KO-1 Waldo Cortes (1:41)
Round By Round
Joe Smith Jr vs Maxim Vlasov
Efe Ajagba vs Brian Howard
Round 1: Ajagba takes center ring and leads with a hook that misses. Ajagba tries a jab to the body. Right hand from Howard makes contact after leading with a jab that fell short. Left hook misses again for Ajagba. Hard right hand lands to the body for Howard. Ajagba presses forward and misses on a straight right aimed at the head before getting tied up with Howard. Left just misses for Ajagba, then a right. Howard ducks two more shots from Ajagba. Hard right hand from Ajagba shakes up Howard! Howard ties up in the corner. Ajagba coming forward again and lands another right hand upstairs. Howard won’t last long taking those shots. Now Howard misses no a big right. Ajagba 10-9.
Round 2: Ajagba jabs to the body to start the round. Howard tries to return the favor before sweeping a right hook as he tries to earn some respect from Ajagba. Ajagba lands two shots as Howard is along the ropes. The problem for Howard here is that Ajagba is visibly bigger and stronger and it’s clear his shots are much more damaging, forcing Howard to retreat to the ropes more than he probably wants. Check hook makes a little contact for Howard. Ajagba jabs to the body again. Right hand from Ajagba makes grazing contact — he’s been trying to hide it by drawing Howard’s guard down low. Hard jab lands to the body for Ajagba. Right hand lands for Howard upstairs. Right hand from Howard makes partial contact to the body. Now Howard tries to roll a combination from Ajagba. Ajagba 10-9, 20-18.
Round 3: Ajagba double jabs but doesn’t make much contact. Now Howard tries to smother Ajagba and get some shots off on the inside. Jab to the body lands for Ajagba. Right hand from Howard falls short. Ajagba continues to work a jab to the body and LANDS A KILLER RIGHT HAND TO THE HEAD THAT PUTS HOWARD OUT COLD! CLEAR KO OF THE YEAR CONTENDER. AJAGBA KO-3.
Tonight on ESPN+ and ESPN — as well as BoxNation in the UK — Joe Smith Jr and Maxim Vlasov headline Top Rank’s first non-bubble card in over a year, fighting for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title in Tulsa.
Wil Esco will be on the round-by-round call at 10 pm ET for the main card, which also features heavyweight Efe Ajagba facing Brian Howard.
How to Watch Smith vs Vlasov
Date: Saturday, April 10 | Start Time: 10:00 pm ET (Main) / 5:30 pm ET (Undercard)
Location: Osage Casino – Tulsa, OK
Streaming: ESPN+ | TV: ESPN (Main)
Online Coverage: BadLeftHook.com
Smith is coming off of a career year in 2020, when he beat Jesse Hart and Eleider Alvarez back-to-back, while Vlasov hasn’t fought since Nov. 2019 and recently had a positive COVID test, which pushed this fight back from its February date.
Prelim action starts at 5:30 pm ET on ESPN+ and features Jared Anderson, Robson Conceicao, Albert Bell, Sonny Conto, Duke Ragan, and more.
Undercard (ESPN+, 5:30 pm ET)
- Jared Anderson (8-0, 8 KO) vs Jeremiah Karpency (16-2-1, 6 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Albert Bell (17-0, 5 KO) vs Manuel Rey Rojas (20-4, 6 KO), junior lightweights, 8 rounds
- Robson Conceicao (15-0, 7 KO) vs Jesus Antonio Ahumada (17-3, 11 KO), junior lightweights, 8 rounds
- Trey Lippe Morrison (16-0, 16 KO) vs Jason Bergman (27-19-2, 18 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Duke Ragan (3-0, 1 KO) vs Charles Clark (3-6-1, 1 KO), featherweights, 6 rounds
- Jeremiah Milton (2-0, 2 KO) vs Jayvone Dafney (2-2, 2 KO), heavyweights, 4 rounds
- Sonny Conto (6-0, 5 KO) vs Waldo Cortes (6-3, 3 KO), heavyweights, 4 rounds
Main Card (ESPN and ESPN+, 10:00 pm ET)
- Joe Smith Jr (26-3, 21 KO) vs Maxim Vlasov (45-3, 26 KO), light heavyweights, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO title
- Efe Ajagba (14-0, 11 KO) vs Brian Howard (15-4, 12 KO), heavyweights, 10 rounds