New Tournament Calendar for Q1 and Q2 of 2021
21 December, 2020
TEXT BY BWF STAFF
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has successfully completed a review process of the BWF Tournament Calendar for 2021, as well as procedures for reopening the BWF World Rankings and vital information related to qualification and seedings for the Olympic Games in Tokyo.
BWF can also announce a COVID-19 Support Package for tournament hosts that provides financial assistance and details cost relieving initiatives to ensure tournaments can continue to be part of the HSBC BWF World Tour and BWF Tour in 2021.
These decisions were ratified at the recent BWF Council Session, with numerous Member Association hosts consulted during the confirmation process.
The new-look BWF Tournament Calendar 2021 sees a number of tournaments postponed from Q1 and Q2, and a handful of Grade 2 tournaments cancelled.
– BWF World Ranking will be unfrozen on 02 February 2021.
– Sudirman Cup 2021 date will be reviewed and announced later when BWF published the second-half calendar of 2021
– Thomas-Uber Cup 2021 will take place in Aarhus on mid October 2021 (week-41)
– Another two cluster tournaments in South East Asia, MAS (April) & INA (June).
– Race of Tokyo (part 2) will span from 02 March (Swiss Open) to 16 May 2021 (India Open).