Total Prize-Money : US$1,500,000
Daily Schedule/Result/Live Score : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament?id=6927761E-0F66-40EB-9DE2-549DD88A58A2
Viktor Axelsen (DEN)
Chou Tien Chen (TPE)
Lee Zii Jia (MAS)
Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (INA)
Anders Antonsen (DEN)
Wang Tzu Wei (TPE)
Kidambi Srikanth (IND)
Ng Ka Long (HKG)
Carolina Marin (ESP)
An Se Young (KOR)
Michelle Li (CAN)
Evgeniya Kosetskaya (RUS)
Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
Pornpawee Chochuwong (THA
Pusarla V. SIndhu (IND)
2019 WINNERS => https://bwfworldtourfinals.bwfbadminton.com/results/3754/hsbc-bwf-world-tour-finals-2019/2019-12-15
MS – Kento Momota (JPN)
WS – Chen Yufei (CHN)
MD – Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (INA)
WD – Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan (CHN)
XD – Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong (CHN)
WORLD’ BEST ACTION?
The closing curtain of erratic season, such kind of formalized event to end 2020 rather than “the real” Final which reflecting truly strength in five categories. Consisting just 9 tournament, the reason sounds quite ridiculous as BWF still insists to push World Tour Finals make it happen. Anyway, it’s influential tournament for players to earn point and lucrative prize money here.
Looking at qualifiers pool, doubles categories have many lower-ranked pair fill the list as an impact of some elite players are being absence from last three top tier tournaments (DEN Open, THA Open). An Se Young, Michelle Li, Evgeniya Kosetskaya, Pornpawee Chochuwong, Lee Zii Jia make their debut in singles category.
Most likely the competition is expected between familiar faces who produced inspiring result prior to The Finals. Four back to back winners are strong contenders to create hat-trick in Bangkok but group stages draw sometimes offer more complicating plot and unexpected outcome. Only two players, winner and runner-up of each group progress into knock-out phase (semifinal) where fresh draw will be conducted after last tie is completed.
- Viktor Axelsen becomes the man to beat following his fantastic feat in last two weeks. His main rival none but Anthony Ginting depsite the Indonesian star still has serious problem to deal, inconsistency. Axelsen has heavyweight draw alongside Ginting, Chou and Lee ZJ. Out of top-10 BWF World Ranking, Wang Tzu Wei and Kidambi Srikanth sneak out and possibly could derail scenario for the favourite in group B.
- Women’s singles area will be limited to several names who potentially to top podium on Sunday’s finale. The front-runners Carolina Marin, Tai Tzu Ying, Ratchanok Intanon, An Se Young might cross-sword in semifinal stage unless 2018 Champion Pusarla Sindhu or the underdogs Michelle Li or Chocuwong would perform beyond expectation.
- Group B has intriguing scenario to predict, pretty equal chance for all participants. Big smile for top-seed Lee/Wang who drawn in mild group.
- Easy and predictable plot for women’s doubles draw, Polii/Rahayu, Lee SH/Shin SC plus Kim/Kong and home hopefuls to compete first and second position in their respective groups.
- Mixed doubles Group A is definitely is group of death where potential winners drawn in same pool, Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai and Jordan/Oktavianti plus the tricky Korean southpaws Seo SJ/Chae YJ.
LIVE TV COVERAGE