Joseph Diaz Jr makes his return tonight at 8 pm ET streaming live on DAZN, but he won’t be defending the IBF junior lightweight title as planned.
Diaz missed weight badly on Friday, so only challenger Shavkat Rakhimov can leave with the belt by winning. Diaz has been stripped, and the title will go vacant should he win the fight this evening.
But as much of a disappointment as that is, we do still have a world title fight at 154 pounds, as Patrick Teixeira will defend the WBO belt against Brian Castano. There’s also a good matchup at 122 between Ronny Rios and Oscar Negrete, plus returns for Shane Mosley Jr and Bektemir Melikuziev.
Wil Esco will be on the round-by-round call for Diaz-Rakhimov and Teixeira-Castano, and we’ll have live fight-by-fight results before then, plus discussion in the comments section below. Join us!
How to Watch Diaz-Rakhimov and Teixeira-Castano
Date: Saturday, Feb. 13 | Start Time: 8:00 pm ET
Location: Fantasy Springs – Indio, CA
Online Coverage: BadLeftHook.com
Main Card (DAZN, 8:00 pm ET)
- Joseph Diaz Jr (31-1, 15 KO) vs Shavkat Rakhimov (15-0, 12 KO), junior lightweights, 12 rounds, Rakhimov can win vacant IBF title (Diaz missed weight)
- Patrick Teixeira (31-1, 22 KO) vs Brian Castano (16-0-1, 12 KO), junior middleweights, 12 rounds, for Teixeira’s WBO title
- Ronny Rios (32-3, 16 KO) vs Oscar Negrete (19-2-2, 7 KO), junior featherweights, 10 rounds
- Shane Mosley Jr (16-3, 9 KO) vs Cristian Olivas (19-7, 16 KO), middleweights, 10 rounds
- Bektemir Melikuziev (6-0, 5 KO) vs Morgan Fitch (19-4-1, 8 KO), light heavyweights, 8 rounds