Charles Conwell and Madiyar Ashkeyev square off in a key main event for both men on tonight’s Ring City USA.
Ring City USA returns for another edition of Thursday night fights this evening on NBC Sports Network, with Charles Conwell facing Madiyar Ashkeyev in a true double test main event at 154 pounds.
Coverage will begin with prelims streaming on Twitch for free at 7:30 pm ET, and then the main card will start at 9 pm ET on NBC Sports Network.
Conwell, 23, is a former U.S. Olympian, and the 32-year-old Ashkeyev is a native of Kazakhstan, now fighting out of Oxnard, Calif. Ashkeyev, given his age, really can’t afford the loss here; if he wants to start making a serious move toward a world title, the time is now.
The main card will also feature Canadian featherweight veteran Jelena Mrdjenovich vs Paola Torres in another 10-rounder, plus an eight-round bantamweight fight between Eduardo Baez and unbeaten Narek Abgaryan. The Twitch portion of the show will feature heavyweight Stephan Shaw in action against Lyubomyr Pinchuk.
Prelims (Twitch, 7:30 pm ET)
- Stephan Shaw (13-0, 10 KO) vs Lyubomyr Pinchuk (12-1-1, 7 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Kelvin Davis (debut) vs Michael Honesto (debut), junior welterweights, 4 rounds
- Swing Bout: Eric Priest (2-0, 2 KO) vs Angel Mendez Juarez (debut), middleweights, 4 rounds
Main Card (NBCSN, 9:00 pm ET)
- Charles Conwell (13-0, 10 KO) vs Madiyar Ashkeyev (14-0, 7 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds
- Jelena Mrdjenovich (40-10-2, 19 KO) vs Paola Torres (12-4-1, 4 KO), featherweights, 10 rounds
- Eduardo Baez (17-1-2, 6 KO) vs Narek Abgaryan (14-0, 6 KO), bantamweights, 8 rounds